Monday, November 9, 2009

My Favorite Quotes And Poems

And there you see the distinction between our feelings: had he been in my place and i in his, though i hated him with a hatred that turned my life to gall, i never would have raised a hand against him. You may look incredulous, if you please! I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. The moment her regard ceased, i would have torn his heart out, and drank his blood! But, till then-if you don't believe me you don't know me-till then i would have died by inches before i touched a single hair on his head.
-Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)

If all else perished and He remained; I could continue to be. If all else remained; and he were annihilated. The universe would turn to a mighty stranger. I should not seem apart of it.
-Catherine Earnshaw (Wuthering Heights)

Two words could comprehend my future: Death and Hell. Existence, after losing her, would be hell. I was a fool to fancy for a moment that she valued Edgar Linton’s attachment more than mine. If he could love with all the power in his puny being, he couldnt love in eighty years as much as i could in a day.
-Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)

"Fire and Ice"
Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But, if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
"Nothing Gold Can Stay"
Nature’s first green is gold;
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower
But only so an hour
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

- Robert Frost

"Lost"
One day I will not be
This soul, this flesh, this mind-
I’ll melt into another form
And leave myself behind

My name with quickly disappear: Resolve itself
Into a dew-
I’ll feel no lose for anything
Except the Me that knows of You.

-Nellie Mitchell
These are my favorite quotes and peoms that i can remember from memory. I dont have a photographic memory but this is also how i remember them being written. My new favorite book is Wuthering Heights because it's a hate story rather than a love story. The peoms are by artists who have great prose. Their deeper meanings have helped me with many life lessons. BOTH Peoms and Literature have inspired me to write.
-Erista Battle

No comments: